Monday, October 22, 2012

A workout weekend for the Volt

I managed to pack on the miles this weekend!  On Saturday I drove to Boston and back.  I left the house with a full charge and drove about 30 miles into Boston.  I was very excited to utilize Boston's public charging stations at the State Street Garage, but had trouble finding it.  I drive around Boston regularly, and am a former Boston resident, so I was bewildered that I could not find the garage. 

(now, looking at the directions online, I can see that the entrance is on Broad Street, not State Street.  Oh Boston!).

I ended up parking in another garaged that did not have a charging station. 

Saturday travels:
Total Miles: 60 (give or take)
Miles with battery power: 38
Miles with gas power: 22

On Sunday I took the Volt to Salem and back. 
Total Miles: 50
Miles with battery power: 38
Miles with gas power: 12

My husband was driving the car on Sunday and didn't even notice when the gar switched from batter to gas power. 

I was able to use the on-street charging station at work today.  There was a truck parked in one of the electric car spots so I might send a note to the city parking department.

I am going to drive to Worcester for work later this evening.  According the Chargepoint.com, there is number of different charging stations in the city.  I hope I have better luck finding the parking spot today!

Overall, I have driven just over 300 miles and have used 2 gallons of gasoline.

No comments:

Post a Comment