YA! My ChargePoint card has arrived. What does this mean? It means that I can track my charge online. Right now my car is charging in a public charging station, when I signed into my ChargePoint account I can see how much it has charged and the exact location of my car. Reason for location? Maybe people forget where they charge their car? I am not sure.
ChargePoint also tracks how much electricity each charge is using, the power of the charge and the fee. At this point it is free, but that may change in the future.
I am now able to answer the question that they young men asked yesterday: What happens if someone unplugs your car? The alarm goes off. I realized that you are suppose to swipe your ChargePoint card and/or credit card at the beginning and end of a charge. Which means it wasn't me who triggered the alarm the other day - it was my car.
580 miles so far, around 4 gallons of gas used. Horray!

No comments:
Post a Comment