The city that I work in was lucky enough to receive a grant from the government for the purposes of installing electric car plug-in stations. I am lucky that they decided to install this down the street from my office.
I am still waiting for my ChargePoint card, but realized that my credit card has a PayPass option (meaning, you tap the credit card onto a pad instead of swiping). I tried using the PayPass to activate the charging station and it worked! I have read that his charging station will not require payment for use until 2014 - so my credit card should not be charged. . . we will see.
But here are some pictures of my car utilizing this amazing government grant.
I feel a little nervous leaving the car like that. It looks venerable, but I checked 3 times to make sure it was locked. Keep those fingers crossed!


No comments:
Post a Comment